Will Wynn is the recent two-term mayor of Austin, Texas, having led that city for most of this past decade, which has proven to be truly transformational on a number of important local and global issues. He is a sought-after speaker internationally on topics ranging from sustainable urban development to energy efficiency to climate protection.
A sample of Mr. Wynn’s past speaking appearances include:
- Wynn was one of only five mayors from around the globe, and the only one from the Western Hemisphere, invited to speak at the United Nations special session on renewable energy in Bonn, Germany, where he addressed the energy ministers of the 154 nations present regarding municipal issues.
- At the National Press Club in Washington, D.C., Wynn kicked off the international Plug-In Partners campaign – the transformational effort convincing the global automobile manufacturing sector that a market exists for plug-in hybrid electric vehicles.
- Wynn gave the keynote speech on climate change at the annual Congress for the New Urbanism (CNU).
- At the invitation of host NYC Mayor Michael Bloomberg and the Clinton Climate Initiative, Wynn addressed the mayors of the world’s 40 largest cities at the C-40 Summit.
- Wynn spoke on energy policy in a luncheon keynote at the annual meeting of the Western States Land Commissioners Association, a body bringing together agency executives from 23 states as well as staff and industry representatives.
- Wynn spoke on local initiatives at GreenBuild, the U.S. Green Building Council’s international conference that drew more than 23,000 attendees.
- Wynn speaks annually at the Caribbean Renewable Energy Forum held at various locations in the region.
- Wynn addressed the Aspen Institute and National Geographic’s Aspen Environmental Forum presenting at three sessions on varying topics.
- Wynn gave a keynote address at the International Conference on Creative Cities in Curitiba, Brazil.
- Wynn spoke at the Santee Cooper Sustainable Lecture Series at Wofford College in Spartanburg, SC.
- Wynn delivered the keynote at the annual Texas Society of Architects meeting, which drew more than 12,000 attendees.
- Wynn gave the Main Street Perspective at EnergyBiz Magazine’s National Energy Policy Conference in Washington, D.C.
- Wynn presented a Best Practice Case Study at the Eilot Renewable Energy Forum in Eilot, Israel.
- Prior to his presentation, Wynn advised the staff and helped craft the Infrastructure Session agenda at the Clinton Global Initiative’s annual meeting.
- Wynn delivered the keynote at the European Creative Cities Summit is Lisbon, Portugal.
- Wynn presented an energy efficiency case study at the annual NARUC meeting in Washington, D.C.
- Wynn gave the dinner keynote address at the Department of Energy’s EcoCar2 winter meeting.